Friday, July 8, 2011

Burning for me?

There's this light burning out by my window,
Blazing on throughout sun and snow
Bothers me no end
Shining relentlessly even at night
Trying wholeheartedly to prick my near- numb conscience
Trying to make it known to me,
That there are lots of things for which I have to fight
Before I can indulge in a good hearty sleep
Which I questionably presume to be an unquestionable right

I stare at the glimmer
Try to reason with it
Try to talk to it
As it burns moths and other clueless creatures of the dark down
Flames eating away at a small circle of  black around it
Makes no sense to me
Why the effort in the first place?
Why try to change things?
When no one's interested to change their ways?

Maybe you were born that way
Unchanging for the sake of change
And strangely enough, it comforts me
That something awaits for a rain
Which will nourish me,
Yet put out the embers of its dying flames...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it like you mean it...