Monday, November 15, 2010

Bitter sentiments

Weird, tailed, horned animal, what are you thinking?
Animal replies, "Nothing at all" ,
"Are you scared of death, oh animal?"
Silence, followed by more silence,
"Animal, can you hear me?",
And then he drops dead right at my feet.
Death is peace, weird animal, life is harder
And seems like you were pretty much on the border;
But now that you've broken on through to the other side,
I gain solace from the fact that when it's my turn,
I'll feel free to ask you for a ride,
You appear reproachful, even in death,
The explanation to which I have none,
Is it not fun,
Not to be on the run,
From life's nitty-gritties,
And for once,
Not to hide from the sun?
You spoke very little when you lived, weird animal
And now nothing at all, boring me to death,
Are you trying to pull my leg,
With all of your stealth,
Getting ready to startle me out of my head,
Shatter the nice, sadistic illusion I form out of seeing you on your death bed,
But not to stress,
I'll play along and greet you like an old friend,
Apparently happy that this isn't your end,
But when that day dawns,
I'll make it a point to tell you what I felt,
I'll even throw in the remarks you'd call below the belt
Because the only time I felt you really listened to me,
Was when you didn't...

4 comments:

Say it like you mean it...