Sunday, June 20, 2010

Where eagles dare

A pin prick is all it takes,
To get me from high to low,
Though it brought me to senses,
I wish it had been slow
The speed with which it did,
Didn't make me cry out in pain,
But it did set me brooding,
About how all those highs were in vain
Blood oozes out,the river of life,
And takes away a part of mine,
I close my eyes and say a prayer,
That I'll get through,that I'll be fine
I look ahead and see a road,
But the lights on it flicker and die,
Forced to accept my fate I stand,
I do not smile,nor do I sigh
Just as I am about to turn and leave,
Something within me lights up and says,
Do not stop fighting,do not give up,
Your fire shall light your ways
I trust the voice and love its sound,
Miraculously fueled by it's fury,
Now I know,now I am convinced,
I am my master,and my own jury
The inferno within wells up mighty,
And lights the road to god knows where,
But I smile and look to the skies,
For I know I shall dare where eagles dare.

1 comment:

Say it like you mean it...